Do you have friends popping by for a quick visit? The kids want to host their friends after dinner for dessert? It’s a hot summer day and you just need something cool, but the Carvel store doesn’t have your favorite flavor?
No worries, my friends. I’ve got you covered.
In the summertime, you should always have these three items on hand:
1-Your favorite ice cream flavor (How wonderful! You can make them for people based on favorite flavors!)
2-One large package of Oreo cookies
3-Half a stick of butter
If you’ve got these three things, a spring pan, and a rolling pin, you are in business. This is the simplest, most delicious recipe for those spur-of-the-moment gatherings.
- In a large pan, melt 1/2 stick butter on stove.
- Let your favorite 1/2 gallon of ice cream sit on the counter and let it soften.
- Meanwhile, put Oreo cookies in a freezer bag. Seal bag. Crush Oreo cookies with a rolling pin until they are ground up to form the base of your ice cream cake in the spring pan.
- Add the cookies to the melted butter in pan. Lower the heat. Toss until moist.
- Dump cookie mixture into the spring pan and press down with spatula or spoon until it is fitted at the bottom of the spring pan as your cookie crust.
- Pour ice cream on top of cookie base. Push into place and smooth out the top of it using spatula or spoon.
- Cover with aluminum foil and put in freeze for an hour to harden.
Serve and enjoy!