10 Words of Wisdom to Defeat the Negativity Monster in Relationships and at Work
Nobody likes to hang around with negative people all the time. Let’s face it—when you’re in the throes of feeling blue, that last thing you should do is allow negative influences into you life. People who never have a kind word to say or wallow in gossip can be detrimental to your well-being. At some point in our lives, we’ve all brushed up against destructive and toxic relationships. When you feel yourself going down a path that leads to more negativity, you are responsible for your own happiness, and must make adjustments in your life, whether that means altering friendships, dealing with family in a different way, or ending relationships that make you feel less than stellar.
Trust me—life it too short to feel less than stellar.
If your job is causing you to feel down in the dumps, you have a few options. Try adjusting your thinking and creating new paths for success at work. Perhaps you could inquire about a switch of department or seek out new opportunities for growth. Sometimes just a change of position and atmosphere can help raise your spirits. Or, if there are no other choices left at your current place of employment, you could look for a new job, perhaps try that dream job you never got around to trying or look for ways to connect with a company you’ve heard good things about.
You spend a lot of time at work, so it’s important that you like what you do.
I’ve collected some ofmy favorite quotes about the subject for you to mull over. Let me know what you think, and drop me a note as to how you beat negativity.
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results. — Willie Nelson
- Positive anything is better than negative nothing. — Elbert Hubbard
- Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change. — Gretchen Rubin
- It’s easy to get negative because you get beat down. You go through a few disappointments and it’s easy to stay in that negative frame of mind. Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is a whole cliché, but your attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life. — Joel Osteen
- Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. — Michael Jordan
- Haters never win. I just think that’s true about life, because negative energy always costs in the end. — Tom Hiddleston
- The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking. — Robert H Schuller
- The difference between winning and losing is most often…not quitting. — Walt Disney
- Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice. — Steven Covey
- You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream. — C.S. Lewis