Accepting the Versatile Blogger Award Today
Today, I am once again happy to accept an award given to me by Mandy Eve Barnett. She has kindly bestowed The Versatile Blogger Award to Steph’s Scribe, and I am grateful. Visit Mandy at MandyEveBarnett’sBlog by clicking here. She is a writer who sees the world in glorious ways. On her blog, she states that her writing is “drawn from the essence of several continents, which have left a trace of their essence on my soul. The heat and drum beats of Africa, the lushness and history of England and the changing seasons and openness of Canada. Each has given me a gift – a treasure trove of sights, sounds, smells and experiences – I can weave into my stories.”
As such, I am going to recognize 7 other blogs I believe are worthy of the same award, The Versatile Blogger Award. Some of these blogs I have been following for a while, others I have just recently come upon. But what links us all together is our need to share our writing, photographs, or thoughts with the world. Afterwards, I am to share 7 things about myself. So here we go…
My nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
Ryan Brooks at EyE[Before]E
Christina at Touch Infinity
Jack Flacco at Jack Flacco.com
Alexey Markovich at Bzebza
Pat Gerber at Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
Mariane at Far Away
Deborah at Container Chronicles
* * * * * *
And now, 7 things about me…
- I never drank coffee regularly until I became a full-time professor in 2008, and now I’m ridiculously addicted.
- I don’t care at all for scary films. At 17, I was creeped out by “The Exorcist,” and that was it for me.
- I’m writing a new novel about a girl who works in professional baseball, and I wrote a death scene last night. It was my first, and it wasn’t easy.
- My idea of a perfect day is sunning by a pool in about 80 degree weather reading a book and watching my kids play.
- Someday I’d like to live on the water and wake up to the water glistening off the magnificent sunlight.
- I’m actually excited and thrilled to attend my high school reunion in the fall. I won’t say how many years it’s been, though. That just makes me feel incredibly ancient.
- I once got yelled at on the field during batting practice when I worked for the Orioles by then manager Johnny Oates. He scolded me for making one of his players late by doing a promo for the Orioles cruise. I’m not sure I’ve ever been that humiliated in my life.
That’s it for now. Thank you for the The Versatile Blogger Award, and all the best to my nominees.
Exorcist is one of those movies that turns you off scary movies for life, yeesh… Cheers for the nomination, Steph. That made my day. ^^